Cooperative opportunity

I’m exploring business models for cooperatives (also referred to as co-ops) to use Filecoin as part of their technology solution. There are cooperatives in every type of industry: financial, agriculture, utilities, health, etc.

Source: https://www.ica.coop/en/cooperatives/facts-and-figures

1. More than 12% of humanity is part of the 3 million cooperatives in the world.
  2. The largest 300 cooperatives and mutuals report a total turnover of 2,034 billion USD.
  3. Cooperatives employ 280 million people across the globe, in other words, 10% of the world’s employed population.

Feel free to share any cooperative experiences or suggestions for further research. I’m conducting secondary research to uncover their problems and needs that have potential to use Filecoin. That work will be followed-up with primary research with cooperative business contacts.

Hi,
I am not sure that I can be useful to you in your resaerch, but I do know a thing or two about cooperatives and am always curious about other people’s interest and motivation in the subject. I am in particular interested in the concept of the coop business model and crypto in general. I am not familiar with Filecoin. I have just heard about it and was discovering when I saw your contribution. If you want to discuss coops, I would be happy to do so with you. Please answer here and let me know more about your plans and ideas.

Hi,
It would be great to have a discussion. I’ve started doing some preliminary research on cooperatives. I’m surprised at the level of participation worldwide and the diversity of industry segments.

My assumption is that there is a need for a distributed file system, like Filecoin, to support cooperative business operations. My goal is to identify a few value propositions and cooperative customer segments that will be validated with secondary research. My value proposition approach is to learn more about the jobs to be done and pain points. Let’s find some time to discuss further.

Great idea, I’m working for digital economic research and helping enterprises to do the digital transformation. your cooperatives model is good to drive economic growth in the industrial internet.

Keep communication.