So how are things going? I can’t help but notice:
- https://stats.kittyhawk.wtf/ shows that transactions are stuck at #43260, with last block 5 days ago …
- https://riot.im/app/#/group/+filecoin:matrix.org gives error: “matrix is misconfigured”
- The slack invite is expired.
- Not much is happening here… !?
I was curious because I tried to run it:
- Running git master errors out on the genesis block.
- Running git tag 0.5.7 seems to work … its still syncing 24 hours later. It spews an awful lot of messages, which I guess should be considered to be normal at this stage of development. Still, to see these during initial sync is … surprising.
- syncing seems to be using the same set of 8 peers for the last 18 hours, with an occasional odd-man-out. I would have thought, for load balancing, that more peers would have gotten involved.
- syncing is slow: one block per 1-2 seconds. CPU usage is 50% - network usage is 3KB/sec - I seem to be mostly stalled, waiting on peers. So not very healthy.
So I was just wondering about the general status of things. Like what’s going on, and all that.