Dedicated GPU node

Hi,

I was wondering if there would be a possibility to have a dedicated go-filecoin GPU node for all mining operations in a location or even through Internet prior to main net launch.

I see lotus have an option of running a separate sealing worker but haven’t been able to try it out yet alongside GPU( still waiting on hardware). I have ran this on the same node as the miner which took quite some time on a CPU :slight_smile:

However as far as I understand the sealing worker is bound to a miner node which makes it not possible to use as a dedicated GPU sealing operation with all the mining nodes.

Thanks,
A.

Hi @foreel,

Afaik GPUs are used for SNARK generation. If you look at the diagrams in this blog post closely: https://filecoin.io/blog/filecoin-testnet-mining/ you can see where SNARKs are used.

However as far as I understand the sealing worker is bound to a miner node which makes it not possible to use as a dedicated GPU sealing operation with all the mining nodes.

This relates to the seal worker in lotus so you could try asking about this in the #fil-lotus Slack channel.

Hi @eshon,

My actual question regarding go-filecoin implementation was whether it would be able to support such modularity that a dedicated gpu node could be run for SNARK generation proofs for multiple miner nodes within the same network.
And also if that would be possible prior to main net launch.

Thanks for your reply.
A.

@foreel - That sounds related to the GPU outsourcing discussion. You can also ask in #fil-go-filecoin but I think that’s an advanced feature and not a priority for any of the implementation teams right now.