I am trying to setup my first Filecoin miner and already went through a bunch of tutorials and documentations. At the moment I am following this guide and trying to initialize my miner.
My attempt to initialize miner fails with the following error message:
... resolution lookup failed (....): resolve address ...: actor not found ...
Some research indicates that it could be related to the fact that I have zero FIL on my balance. My goal was to try the entire setup and see the performance before I buy any FIL.
So, my questions are:
- Is it possible to complete miner & wallet setup without purchasing any FIL?
- What is the recommended FIL amount to start mining?
- There was faucet for the Test Net, but it’s no longer online. Does it mean that there is no such thing for the Main Net?
- How do I obtain my FIL? Just
lotus wallet new blsand then send some FIL to the provided address using something like coinlist.co?
My hardware specs, if that’s anyhow related:
- CPU: 2 x Xeon E5-2680 V3.
- RAM: 256 GB DDR4-2133.
- System drive: Samsung Evo 860 512 GB.
- Swap drive: Crucial P1 1 TB.
- Storage drive: Seagate Enterprise 2 TB.